Vision Lab, Department of Physics
University of Antwerp (CDE)
Universiteitsplein 1 (N1.19)
B-2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Toon Huysmans was born in Geel, Belgium on November 19, 1981. He received the Master of Science degree in Computer Science in 2003 (magna cum laude). His graduation research concerned diamond cut optimization and was carried out at the Vision Lab of the University of Antwerp in close collaboration with the companies DiamCad and DiamScan. In 2003, he joined the Vision Lab as a PhD student where he enjoyed an IWT scholarship. His doctoral research focused on parameterization and correspondence construction for tubular surfaces and related applications. Currently, he is with the iMinds-Vision Lab as research manager, focusing on grant writing, guiding PhD students, and networking with industry, and.as a post-doctoral researcher he does research on statistical shape modeling in ergonomics and orthopedics.
- statistical shape modeling (bone, ear, head, etc.)
- biomedical image and geometry processing
- scientific visualization
- Title: Parameterization and Correspondence for Improved Modeling, Analysis, and Visualization of Tubular Surfaces.
- This research was partly funded by the
IWT (Instituut ter bevordering van het Wetenschappelijk-Technologisch Onderzoek in de industrie).
- Title: Optimizing Price of Multiple Diamonds, Cut From a Single Raw Diamond.